AMEC, in 2016 has had a year of innovation and record breaking events!
AMEC partnered with the University of Southern California, the Holmes Report and five other organisations in a new collaboratively funded Global Communications Report.
- In 2016, an International Working Group developed the new AMEC Interactive Evaluation Framework. It is the first interactive framework of its kind and was developed to be a free resource to benefit all.
- AMEC formed a Young Leaders Group to encourage engagement with AMEC with rising stars in our sector. The Group produced a research report. 2017 will see the group become a Global Young Leaders Group.
- AMEC’s Not-for-Profit Group carried out an important piece of research in a major research studyto determine the barriers to the use of measurement within Non-Profit companies and organisations.
- AMEC established a Strategic Relationship with the Cannes PR Lionsin 2016 to provide confidential advice on entries. AMEC is proud it will again provide this service to Cannes PR Lions in 2017.
- Our AMEC Global Summit achieved a record attendance of 300 when held in London in June.
- The AMEC International Board has made the strategic decision to take the AMEC Global Summiton Measurement to the Asia Pacific region (Bangkok) for the first time in May, 2017.
- AMEC is committed to the use of International Chapters as a regional forum and delivery vehicle for AMEC initiatives. AMEC has established Chapters in Asia Pacific; North America and Europe. AMEC is currently investigating the feasibility potential for a further Chapter in Latin America.
- AMEC first developed the International Business Insights Studyas the first industry insights survey in 2008 and it continues to be an important strategic benefit for our members to be able to benchmark their performance with others in different parts of the world. The Study is of special value to smaller to medium sized companies to advise them of new trends in measurement in other international markets.
- We value and continue to expand the Strategic Relationships we have with other groups, e.g. Institute for Public Relations, PRCA, ICCO, PRSA. And most recently In December, 2016 Corporate Excellence, in Spain.
- AMEC conceived the idea of Measurement Month as a single intensive period of free-to-learn activity 3 years ago. We continue to invest in Measurement Monthas an international showcase and 2016 was our most successful event so far, with over 130 free to attend events held in all continents.
- AMEC continues to develop its educational outreach internationally through the online AMEC Collegewhich has now seen students from over 40 countries gain the Degree-standard International Certificate in Measurement in the last three years. Our Education Group is now consulting with members about the development of a new short online course for 2017.
- We continue to invest in and develop the AMEC Global effectiveness Awards, the largest award scheme of its type, which had the largest number of entries in its history in 2016. We use the winning campaigns as Case Studiesfor our Knowledge Share website. Entries for the 2017 Awards are now open!