A record number of 23 candidates took part in the AMEC Elections in what Chairman Jeremy Thompson called “the growing stature” in which AMEC is seen.
Elected to the AMEC Board for a term of two years are:
- Jeremy Thompson, Managing Director, Cision EMEA & Chairman, AMEC. RE-ELECTED as Full Member representative.
- Aseem Sood, CEO, Impact Research. RE-ELECTED as Full Member representative.
- Khali Sakkas, Executive Director, Insights, Isentia. NEW Full Member representative.
- Johna Burke, Executive Vice President, BurrellsLuce. RE-ELECTED as Associate Member representative.
- Daniel J. Schaible, COO, License League, Inc. RE-ELECTED as Associate Member representative)
- Elayne Phillips, Head of Profession, Communication Insight and Evaluation, Prime Minister’s Office and Cabinet Office Communications, UK Government. RE-ELECTED as Associate Member representative.
- Ben Levine, Vice President, Research & Analytics, Ketchum. NEW International Research Member representative.
- Arturo Romboli, Planning Specialist, UNICEF. NEW Board representative for the new AMEC Non-Profit Group.
Additionally, one of the Co-Chairs from each of AMEC’s three International Chapters (to be determined) will represent the Chapter on the AMEC Board.
AMEC European Chapter Co-Chairs
- Jeroen Scholten, founder and Managing Director, Publistat in Amsterdam. RE-ELECTED.
- Magnus Hakansson, Director, Commetric from Stockholm. NEW Co-Chair.
AMEC Asia Pacific Co-Chairs
- Khali Sakkas, Executive Director, Insights, Isentia. NEW Co-Chair.
- Aseem Sood, CEO, Impact Research, India. RE-ELECTED as Co-Chair.
AMEC North American Chapter
- Jeni Lee Chapman, Managing Director Enterprise and Insight Business – Cision. NEW Co-Chair.
- Johna Burke, Executive Vice President, BurrellsLuce. RE-ELECTED as Co-Chair.
The following Directors remain on the AMEC International Board for a further 12-months.
- Richard Bagnall, CEO, Prime Research UK.
- Barbara Bassi, Partner and Divisional Director, L’Eco della Stampa.
- Evgeniy Larionov, CEO, Ex Libris.
- Petra Masinova, CEO at NEWTON Media, a.s.
- Jerry Ward, Managing Director, Press Data
- Colin Wheeler, Founder, Understanding Expertise Ltd.
Jeremy Thompson, Managing Director of Cision EMEA and Chairman of AMEC, said: “I am delighted to see the record level of candidate nominations we received this year. I think it speaks to the growing stature in which AMEC is now seen, and the strong reputation which the organisation has established.
“We also acknowledge that not all the candidates who put themselves forwarded could be elected and we express our thanks to everyone for their interest, whether they were successful in these elections or not. There are many ways in which everyone can help AMEC, and much to do.”
Board Directors serve for a two-year term. Chapter Co-Chairs are in office for 12 months.