The 2018 AMEC Elections for the position of Chapter Chair and Vice Chair are now open!
We ask for your support to continue to develop AMEC and educate the market about communications research and insights for the benefit of our members worldwide.
All Nomination and Prospective Chapter Chair Manifesto forms can be downloaded using the relevant links below:
AMEC Chapter Chair and Vice Chair Election Papers:
1. AMEC procedure for the election of Chapter Chairs and Vice Chairs. DOWNLOAD HERE
2. AMEC Chapter Chair Nomination form. DOWNLOAD HERE
3. Prospective Chapter Chair Election Manifesto template. DOWNLOAD HERE
There is one elected Chair position per Chapter region for the two year term from 2018-2019, with the next candidate receiving the most votes named as Vice Chair.
Vacancies on the Board for 2018 open for election are as follows:
- AMEC Chapter Chair representative ASIA PACIFIC: 1 Vacancy
- AMEC Chapter Chair representative EUROPE: 1 Vacancy
- AMEC Chapter Chair representative LATIN AMERICA: 1 Vacancy
- AMEC Chapter Chair representative NORTH AMERICA: 1 Vacancy
Elections Key Points Overview:
- Nominations’ must be only be made to fill vacancies within your own Chapter region.
- Existing Chapter Chairs coming to the end of their term have the opportunity to seek re-election.
- Nominees can stand for both Chapter Chair, Vice Chair positions and AMEC Board Director positions. Candidates wishing to stand for both positions can do so using the appropriate forms attached but separate nominations and forms must be submitted for Chapter and Board Director.
- Each Member or member company has one vote in their Chapter Region. Election Papers are being sent to the most senior nominated company contacts on our files. If you wish to circulate internally please do so, noting the one vote per company rule.
- NEW! extended deadline for AMEC Board Director and AMEC Chapter Chair nominations is to be received is no later than 17.00 (GMT) on Tuesday 28th November, 2017. The Election results will be ratified at the AMEC AGM which is to be held in London on Thursday 14th December, 2017, at 13.45 GMT.
IMPORTANT FOR CANDIDATES: if you are considering standing for election will you please note:
These are times of great change – and opportunity– in media intelligence, communications and public relations. AMEC will continue to be responsive and adapt to change. We welcome fresh thinking. However, as a Non-Profit organisation, we also ask that all candidates seeking election, or re-election, are prepared to commit to being pro-active if elected to the AMEC Board. We have big plans for 2018 but to carry them out we will need the full and active support of our Board.
If you’re looking to re-stand please consider and list your achievements during your current term on your manifesto form as well as detail what you expect to bring to the organisation in your next term if elected.
Barry Leggetter, FPRCA, FCIPR
CEO and Company Secretary