The AMEC Elections for the position of Board Director for the 2019-2021 term are now open!
We ask for your support to continue to develop AMEC and educate the market about communications research and insights for the benefit of our members worldwide.
All Nomination and Prospective Director Manifesto forms can be downloaded using the relevant links below:
AMEC Board Election Papers:
Under the rules which form the Articles of the Association, a proportion of Directors on the Board resign each year.
The numbers of vacancies and directors who retire this year are:
- Ann-Sofie Krol, byBrick Insight AB, Full Member representative.
- Darja Kupinic Guscic, Pressclipping d.o.o, Full Member representative.
- Jerry Ward, Pressdata, Full Member representative.
- Marcus Gault, Kantar Media, Full Member representative.
- Colin Wheeler, Individual Member representative.
- Eileen Sheil, Cleveland Clinic, AMEC Non-Profit Group Board representative.
Remaining on the AMEC International Board for 2019 are:
- Richard Bagnall, AMEC Chair, UK.
- Aseem Sood, Impact Research & Measurement Pvt, India.
- Khali Sakkas, Chief Executive Research & Insights, Isentia, Australia.
- Timo Thomann-Rompf, COO, Cision Insights, Cision, Germany.
- Allison Spray, Director of Data and Insights, Hill & Knowlton Strategies, UK.
- Andy West, Chief Development Officer, Hotwire, UK.
- Daniel Schaible, COO and Founder License League, US.
- Jon Meakin, Global Head of Strategic Services, Grayling, US.
In addition to the elected representatives, the AMEC Chairman can recommend the co-option of up to three candidates at the AMEC AGM on Thursday 6th December, 2018.
Elections Key Points Overview:
- Nominations’ must be only be made to fill vacancies within your own membership category only, e.g. Full Members can only be nominated for a Full Member vacancy, etc.
- Existing Directors coming to the end of their term have the opportunity to seek re-election.
- Each Member or member company has one vote in their category of membership. Election announcements are being sent to all members.
- If you wish to circulate internally please do so, noting the one vote per company rule.
- Deadline for AMEC Board Director and AMEC Chapter Chair nominations is to be received is no later than 17.00 (GMT) on Friday 9th November, 2018. The Election results will be ratified at the AMEC AGM which is to be held in London on Thursday 6th December, 2018.
- If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies in any one category a ballot will be arranged by e-mail. This will take place in the period Monday 12th November to 1700 (GMT) Friday 23rd November 2018.
IMPORTANT FOR CANDIDATES: if you are considering standing for election will you please note:
These are times of great change – and opportunity– in media intelligence, communications and public relations. AMEC will continue to be responsive and adapt to change. We welcome fresh thinking. However, as a Non-Profit organisation, we also ask that all candidates seeking election, or re-election, are prepared to commit to being pro-active if elected to the AMEC Board. We have big plans for 2019 but to carry them out we will need the full and active support of our Board
Barry Leggetter, FPRCA, FCIPR
CEO and Company Secretary