AMEC member UNICEF has a vacancy in its New York Based team for a Research and Data Analyst. See full candidate profile below.
Consultancy Assignment: Research and Data Analyst – Strategic Planning and Evaluation support function
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to conduct research and apply strategic insights and analytics to understand the impact of UNICEF’s public advocacy and external communication work. This assignment requires regular coordination with all DOC sections – particularly Media, Digital Strategy, and Public Advocacy, as well as with other relevant divisions, country and regional offices.
Rationale and context of the assignment
The Strategic Planning and Communication Support section in UNICEF’s Division of Communication (DOC) is seeking a consultant to provide support in the area of media research and data analysis on issues related to humanitarian emergencies, with a special focus on the child refugee and migrant crisis in Europe.
Under the overall direction of the Planning Specialist, the consultant will conduct research and apply strategic insights and analytics to understand the impact of UNICEF’s public advocacy and external communication work. This assignment requires regular coordination with all DOC sections – particularly Media, Digital Strategy, and Public Advocacy, as well as with other relevant divisions, country and regional offices.
- Analyze media coverage and digital conversations (both on social media, news online and broadcast) to evaluate the impact of UNICEF’s global communication and public advocacy programmes in humanitarian emergencies and global initiatives, with a special focus on the child refugee and migrant crisis in Europe.
- Develop weekly and monthly reports on the ongoing migrant/refugee issues on both online, broadcast and digital media with a special focus on UNICEF’s voice.
- Prepare daily email alerts summarizing UNICEF coverage on news related to children including special sections on children affected by humanitarian emergencies
- Develop concise, well-thought out reports and presentations in lay terms that serve to inform UNICEF’s senior managers.
- Scan digital news outlets on a regular basis, identify specific mentions, influencers and trends related to children issues and how they are affected by humanitarian crises.
- Ensure an integrated approach to research on humanitarian emergencies (and select special global campaigns or initiatives) that includes data analysis from most relevant platforms such as websites, social media, online news and broadcast.
- Synthesize data and trends research to develop strategic insights to inform the development of external communication and public advocacy initiatives around humanitarian emergencies and select global initiatives.
- Develop target audience profiles, network analysis (influencers), secondary research summaries, and trends reports
- Maintain a strong level of expertise in industry-leading PR measurement and analytic approaches
- >Manage all phases of complex research projects including: Development of research and measurement proposals, development of quantitative and qualitative research instruments, budget and vendor management, analysis and reporting of research findings and presentation of results.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Integrated Media Monitoring Programme and KPIs for the Global Communication and Public Advocacy Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree helpful.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related research experience; media measurement experience helpful.
- Strong analytical, writing, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to deliver products in short notice and with basic guidance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (be ready to present to large non-technical audiences).
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel) expertise, as well as SQL experience – knowledge of tools such as BrandWatch, Factiva, Moreover, LexisNexis, and TVeyes an asset.
- A team mentality and desire to collaborate with co-workers.
- Ability to work productively both in teams and independently.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance, with ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and keep manager updated.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of/Experience designing and conducting primary and secondary research projects and interest in learning new research tools and methods.
- Belief in the importance of UNICEF’s mission.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be sent to: Nogel Saret Viyar firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 Oct 2015, 5:00pm EST. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Consultancy: Research and Data Analyst’, is quoted on the subject line.
Applicants MUST submit their resume and a signed & dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please include details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a written technical test.